Performing Above The High (PATH)
What We Do
The PATH Project ensures students have an opportunity to take the lead and create meaningful change in their communities on the issue of youth marijuana prevention. Our youth coalition builds and supports young students to be leaders in their community. iPATH (I Perform Above The High) members will be provided with fun, innovative, leadership training on public speaking, marijuana prevention, policy/advocacy work, leadership skills, and social norm change. Using these skills, iPATH members will be assisted in planning and organizing their own event, project, or activity on their school campus or in their community.
All youth members must be:
- 13-19 years old
- Attend high school and have regular attendance
- Able to work as a team
- Be able to attend meetings as needed
- Attend weekly meetings and events
- Participate in trainings
- Attend 75% of meetings
- Organize at least one campus or community event/ project
- Attend and volunteer at 1 community event/project
Incentives to Participate
- Leadership training
- Letters of recommendation for university applications or employment, resume, scholarships, and more.
- Opportunities to work with youth across the Central Valley
- Opportunity to attend the Youth Empowerment Summit camp at the end of the year
- PATH promotional gear and snacks
- Mentoring and coaching by PATH staff
If you are interested in joining us, please fill out the interest form below. An application will be sent out to you via email with the email address you provided below.