Asian/Pacific Islander Partners & Advocates Countering Tobacco (API PACT) Program
What We Do
Our youth coalition builds and supports young students to be leaders in their community. We provide fun and interactive trainings for students to engage in. Through these trainings, students learn public speaking skills, professionalism, leadership skills, data collection, and more.
- Be between the ages of 13-17.
- Attend high school.
- Attend most of the our weekly meetings.
- Attend at least 4 trainings a year.
- Speak to legislatures or lawmakers at least once a year.
- Attend events with us at least twice a year.
- Opportunities for leadership training and communication
- Opportunities to work with youth across the Central Valley
- Opportunity to attend the Youth Quest event in Sacramento
- Opportunity to attend a Youth Leadership Summit
- Letters of recommendation
- Snacks at each meeting
- Professional skill development